- The Red Cross has set up the Ukraine Crisis Appeal, which is requesting donations to respond to humanitarian needs through food, water, first aid, medicines, warm clothes and shelter
- Unicef has set up a specific fund to protect children in Ukraine
- The UN refugee agency helps refugees fleeing situations of war and has a specific collection for Ukraine
- Care International is running an emergency appeal to provide emergency food and water
- The Ukrainian Embassy has set up a special fund to support Ukraine
Archer Architects is pleased to show one of our current projects with the scaffolding removed, the refurbishment of this city building is proceeding nicely in Moorgate – we look forward to showing off some interior images!!
We are pleased to announce the publication of “100 Projects, UK CLT”, a collection of 100 case studies of buildings in the UK constructed from cross-laminated timber and glue-lam including our own Bedfont Lakes Scheme.
The book is now available online for download here. The book is being distributed in the US and Canada. We encourage you to help promote the book by sharing the link with individuals and organisations that may find it useful or interesting and to tweet using #CLT100book.
The changes to the European Union’s Energy Performance in Building Directive (EPBD) are slipping into legislation without the usual fanfare however this far-reaching and highly influential mandate is the backbone for improving energy efficiency and will form the basis for many pieces of UK legislation.
From April 2018 Landlord’s will be unable to offer Commercial Property over 500sm with an EPC Rating of F-G for either sale or rent. Fines of upto £150,000 will be imposed on Landlord’s not complying with the legislation.
Our Client’s have achieved EPC Rating Compliance together with Premium Rents by refurbishing commercial properties such as
- 24 Britton Street
- Sutton Yard,
- Spitfire Studios
- 50 Great Sutton Street
- 25bVyner Street
- 54 Ayres Street and
- Berry Street
We look forward to assisting current and future clients to get ahead of the market as it has been suggested that these properties may form up to 35% of the existing non-domestic property portfolio!